Ear readers, press play to listen to this page in the selected language.
We are Neurodivergent, sometimes abbreviated as ND, means having a mind that functions in ways which diverge significantly from the dominant societal standards of “normal.”NEURODIVERSITY: SOME BASIC TERMS & DEFINITIONS Neurodivergent is quite... and The label "disabled" means so much to me. It means I have community. It means I have rights. It means I can be proud. It means I can affirm myself... consultants specializing in Neurodiversity is the diversity of human minds, the infinite variation in neurocognitive functioning within our species.NEURODIVERSITY: SOME BASIC TERMS & DEFINITIONS Neurodiversity is a biological fact. It’s not a perspective, an approach, a..., disability, diversity, EquityA commitment to action: the process of redistributing access and opportunity to be fair and just.A way of being: the state of being free of bias, discrimination, and identity-predictable outcomes..., inclusion, and belonging. We can help you and your organization become equity literate digital sociologists in touch with the What I have always been hoping to accomplish is the creation of community.Community is magic. Community is power. Community is resistance.Disability Visibility: First-Person Stories from the Twenty-First Century https://www.amazon.com/Disability-Visibility-First-Person-Stories-Twenty-First-ebook/dp/B082ZQBL98/ https://www.amazon.com/Disability-Visibility-Adapted-Young-Adults-ebook/dp/B08VFT4R9T/... you serve. We do this while fulfilling our mission to “pay neurodivergent and disabled creators and amplify them to our clients and throughout society.”
We help businesses and organizations increase their knowledge and practice of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) by analyzing company practices and coaching leaders to dismantle A system that places value on people's bodies and minds based on societally constructed ideas of normality, intelligence, excellence, desirability, and productivity. These constructed ideas are deeply rooted in anti-Blackness,... in their spaces. According to the Harvard Business Review, “There are more than one billion people worldwide – around 15% of the population – living with a disability. As workers, they can ease talent shortages and add to the organizational diversity that drives better decision-making and innovation.” Neurodiversity-friendly forms of collaboration hold the potential to transform pathologically competitive and toxic teams and cultures into highly collaborative teams and larger cultural units that work together easier and with more success.
Our additional services include digital and physical accessibility audits, sensitivity reads, and other offerings that focus on increasing DEI in the workplace. Client services are how we live our mission to employ neurodivergent and disabled people as well as how we raise capital for grantmaking.
“The price of relevance is fluency.” Are you fluent? We are minority Bodymind: A term used to challenge the idea the body and mind are experienced separately (Descartes). Written in various ways, Bodymind or Body-mind, this usage foregrounds the understanding that experiences... with our own ways of being and right to be our authentic selves at work, school, and There is nothing more human than play. Humans were designed to learn in play. In fact, nearly all mammals evolved this way.Play's Power At our learning space, we provide learners fresh.... Understand our wiring, and know our rights.
So no matter what you set out to do—whether on your own, as a member of an organization, or as its director—you need to understand how you and other people are wired.
Understand the power that comes from knowing how you and others are wired.Principles: Life and Work
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging coaching
- But, there is something sociology must do. It is our disciplinary imperative to understand societies. Just as communication studies understands forms of communication, sociology must understand the social. If we... coaching
- Productivity coaching (specializing in the Apple ecosystem)
- Research coaching (specializing in the Apple ecosystem)
- Website building (specializing in the WordPress ecosystem)
- Sensitivity reads
- Digital and physical accessibility audits
- Neurodiversity at work
- Neurodiversity at school
- Flow patrol
- Accessible communication practices
- Distributed methodologies and culture
- Designing for real life
- Designing for neurological pluralism
- Designing for the edges
- Establishing Employee Resource Groups
- Fostering belonging
- Connecting with subcultures
- Creating serendipity
Neurodiversity friendly forms of collaboration hold the potential to transform pathologically competitive and toxic teams and cultures into highly collaborative teams and larger cultural units that work together more like an organism rather than like a group of fighters in an arena.
Autistic ways of being are human neurological variants that can not be understood without the social model of disability.If you are wondering whether you are Autistic, spend time amongst Autistic people, online and offline. If... forms of communication within a neurodiverse team and within a Psychological safety is a condition in which you feel (1) included, (2) safe to learn, (3) safe to contribute, and (4) safe to challenge the status quo—all without fear of... environment actually impart a collaborative advantage to the entire team.Organising for neurodivergent collaboration | Autistic Collaboration
Our services are offered remotely and accessibly using the practices of distributed work. If you are in the Austin, Texas area, we can do physical accessibility audits. Consultations: US$125/hr
Our fees help fund our mission.
See the world through someone else’s eyes for a little while.Tressie McMillan Cottom
You have the right to food money Providing of course you Don't mind a little Investigation, humiliation And if you cross your fingers Rehabilitation Know your rights These are your rights -- Know Your Rights by The Clash
All of our services above are free to public education and other underfunded organizations offering public services. We’ll help you reduce the humiliation of rehabilitation.
- A peer-run respite center is a non-clinical, completely voluntary service operated by people with their own stories of mental health recovery, trauma, hospitalization, incarceration, substance use, homelessness or some combination... and Peer-run warm lines - staffed by people who have lived mental health experience - have been shown to reduce loneliness and participants' use of mental health crisis services. Additionally, a... (meatspace and distributed; no meatspace vacancies, at the moment)
- Direct support and mutual aid of neurodivergent and disabled people
Know Your Rights, These Are Your Rights
We can help you know your rights and advocate for yourself. Here are some general resources and US-specific resources.
- The In 1990, the ADA, which today remains the cornerstone of disability civil rights law in the United States, established four goals for disabled Americans: equal opportunity, independent living, full participation,... of 1990 – Car Autistic ways of being are human neurological variants that can not be understood without the social model of disability.If you are wondering whether you are Autistic, spend time amongst Autistic people, online and offline. If... Roadmap – https://www.carautismroadmap.org/the-americans-with-disabilities-act-of-1990-ada/
- Job Accommodation is fundamentally about not changing the person but changing the environment around the person.Normal Sucks: Author Jonathan Mooney on How Schools Fail Kids with Learning Differences Yet on a programmatic... Network – https://askjan.org/
- Inclusive Schools Network – https://inclusiveschools.org/
- Wrightslaw The word “special” is used to sugar-coat segregation and societal exclusion – and its continued use in our language, education systems, media etc serves to maintain those increasingly antiquated “special”... Law and Advocacy – https://www.wrightslaw.com/
- Olmstead Self-Assessment – https://www.olmsteadrights.org/self-helptools/assessment/
- How to Make a Supported Decision-Making Agreement – ACLU – https://www.aclu.org/other/how-make-supported-decision-making-agreement
- National Disability Rights Network – https://www.ndrn.org/about/ndrn-member-agencies/
- Information on the In 1990, the ADA, which today remains the cornerstone of disability civil rights law in the United States, established four goals for disabled Americans: equal opportunity, independent living, full participation,... – https://www.ada.gov/
- International Disability Alliance – http://www.internationaldisabilityalliance.org/
- International Disability Rights – Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund – https://dredf.org/legal-advocacy/international-disability-rights/
We have worked together for many years, and we made the disability rights movement. The disability rights movement is when disabled people fight back against ableism. We work to change society to be better for disabled people, and fight for our rights as people with disabilities.
Self-advocacy isn’t just speaking up for yourself. It can also mean speaking up for your whole What I have always been hoping to accomplish is the creation of community.Community is magic. Community is power. Community is resistance.Disability Visibility: First-Person Stories from the Twenty-First Century https://www.amazon.com/Disability-Visibility-First-Person-Stories-Twenty-First-ebook/dp/B082ZQBL98/ https://www.amazon.com/Disability-Visibility-Adapted-Young-Adults-ebook/dp/B08VFT4R9T/.... The self-advocacy movement is when we all speak up together. The self-advocacy movement is part of the disability rights movement, where people with intellectual and developmental disabilities fight for our rights.
We still have a long way to go, since disabled people still get treated unfairly. We can’t always choose where we live or what help we get. We don’t always have the right to vote. We might not get to choose how we want to spend our money, or have control over who cares for us. But we are still fighting for our rights.Welcome to the Autistic Community
- Pacific Alliance on Disability Self-Advocacy (PADSA) Resources
- Welcome to the Autistic Community
- Accessing Home and Community-Based Services: A Guide for Self Advocates
- The Right to Make Choices: International Laws and Decision-Making by People with Disabilities (Easy Read and Families versions)
- Getting and Advocating for Community-Based Housing
- Voting Resources
- AutismAndHealth.org: Primary Care Resources for Adults on the Autism Spectrum and their Primary Care Providers
- SARTAC: Self Advocacy Resource and Technical Assistance Center
- Everybody Communicates: Toolkit for Accessing Communication Assessments, Funding and Accommodations
Autistic Self Advocacy Network
The Autistic Self Advocacy Network seeks to advance the principles of the disability rights movement with regard to autism. ASAN believes that the goal of autism advocacy should be a world in which autistic people enjoy equal access, rights, and opportunities. We work to empower autistic people across the world to take control of our own lives and the future of our common community, and seek to organize the autistic community to ensure our voices are heard in the national conversation about us. Nothing About Us, Without Us!
In a perfect world, we would all be guided by the presumption of competence, not just in regard to disability but in all human interaction. But we do not live in a perfect world. In the real world, no matter what skills I acquire—be they social, emotional, physical, or educational—there will be a sizable number of people who will presume me to be incompetent. Brace me for it. Make sure I know my rights. Let me know over and over again that I am so much more than the box some small-minded person wishes to fit me into. Practice with me the interactive tools I need to stand up in the face of those who do not believe in me.Autistic Women and Nonbinary Network. Sincerely, Your Autistic Child (p. 6). Beacon Press.
Revolution rock Yeah so, get that cheese grater going Against the grains Wearin' me down Pressure increase Everybody! --Revolution Rock by The Clash
We’re Gonna Get Past
Open arms with open doors
It’s why I’m here to open yours
I got a moment in time
The greatest opening line
You’re gonna get pastMoment by Swamburger and Scarlet Monk of Mugs and Pockets
You’re gonna get past
You’re gonna get past
But no, take me home Take me home where I belong I got no other place to go No, take me home Take me home where I belong I got no other place to go No, take me home Take me home where I belong I can't take it anymore But I kept runnin' for a soft place to fall And I kept runnin' for a soft place to fall And I kept runnin' for a soft place to fall And I kept runnin' for a soft place to fall --Runaway by AURORA
Crying, give me some love, give me some love and hold me Give me some love and hold me tight Oh, give me some love, give me some love and hold me Give me some love and hold me tight --I Went Too Far by AURORA
We’re gonna get past, together.
This isn't over Hey hey hey Hey hey hey Hey hey hey This isn't over --River by Jupiter Mountain
Keep On Livin’
Turn the Pain into Power
⛑📚 Our Pillars 🗂🧰
Real help against the onslaught. Staying alive is a lot of work for a disabled person in an A system that places value on people's bodies and minds based on societally constructed ideas of normality, intelligence, excellence, desirability, and productivity. These constructed ideas are deeply rooted in anti-Blackness,... society.
The place where we belong does not exist. We will build it. Anti-ableist space for passion-based, A human-centered education: • Cultivates Purpose-Driven Classrooms • Ends Dehumanizing Practices • Demands Social Justice • Builds a Human-Centered World https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPO66Kan9fQ001u6s30EvXqNTpV-Mkdjp https://youtu.be/h9gQXG9T1RM Build human-centered classrooms around four values: • Learning... compatible with neurodiversity and the In the broadest sense, the social model of disability is about nothing more complicated than a clear focus on the economic, environmental and cultural barriers encountered by people who are....
Digital sociology, neurodiversity studies, disability studies, and syncretism, in the open. Improving science by restoring the humanities.
Stay relevant in a constantly changing world. Dismantle ableism in your spaces. Enable dignity through access.
⏭ First Pillar: Mutual Aid
The story continues with, “⛑ What I have always been hoping to accomplish is the creation of community.Community is magic. Community is power. Community is resistance.Disability Visibility: First-Person Stories from the Twenty-First Century https://www.amazon.com/Disability-Visibility-First-Person-Stories-Twenty-First-ebook/dp/B082ZQBL98/ https://www.amazon.com/Disability-Visibility-Adapted-Young-Adults-ebook/dp/B08VFT4R9T/...: Real Help Against the Onslaught”