Who we are
Visit our about page.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments and form submissions are checked through an automated spam detection service.
The following applies to our pages that include forms.
🔐 About Us and What We Do With Your Information
Chelsea, Inna, and Ryan are at the other end of our contact form. Get to know us on our About page. Alas, we can’t usually move at the speed of emergencies, and sometimes we take a week or two off for self-care. We get lots of spam and sometimes miss your requests in the noise. If you don’t hear from us within a week, feel free to contact us again.
About your information:
- Your information will be entered into our forms software (WPForms and WordPress).
- A subset of that information will go to our CRM software (HubSpot).
- A subset of that will go to our accounting software (QuickBooks Online) if you receive money from us.
- This data retention is solely for legal compliance purposes. We will not sell or give your data to third parties. We will not use your information to market anything to you.
- Your IP address will be used to geolocate your browsing session. Our software does not allow turning off IP address collection.
- If you are concerned with us having your IP address, use a VPN.
- If your IP address is outside the United States, we will ask you to confirm you are in the United States. We’ll take your word for it and never ask you to unmask your IP.
- We collect as little as we can from you and do our best to keep it secure.
- We use 1Password for Business to secure our accounts with long, randomly generated, unique passwords.
- Your information will be reviewed by our directors: Ryan, Inna, and Chelsea.
- Periodically, nonprofit lawyers and consultants will have access to some information in order to audit our processes for ethics and legality.
- We delete your form submission and any documents you attach after determining whether to send you a grant or not. We consider personal information a toxic asset and don’t want to keep more of your data than we have to.
- We will also delete your information from our systems upon request.
- However, if you get a grant from us we do have to retain contact information about who we gave to and the amount given. We retain this contact information for 3 years as required by the Internal Revenue Service.
Nap Director and Self-care Expert
Doan Lotion Potion