Ear readers, press play to listen to this page in the selected language.
Element.io is our choice for team chat. It is One model that successfully harnesses the power and commitment of talent and engages that talent in an ongoing way over time is open source. The term “open source” is traditionally... and secure.
Quick Element.io/Matrix.org vocabulary primer: A Space collects Rooms.
Spaces are a way to group rooms and people together, and come in three main flavours:
Spaces: The next frontier
- Public Spaces: Optimised for What I have always been hoping to accomplish is the creation of community.Community is magic. Community is power. Community is resistance.Disability Visibility: First-Person Stories from the Twenty-First Century https://www.amazon.com/Disability-Visibility-First-Person-Stories-Twenty-First-ebook/dp/B082ZQBL98/ https://www.amazon.com/Disability-Visibility-Adapted-Young-Adults-ebook/dp/B08VFT4R9T/.... Easily shared and discovered using links anywhere you’d like.
- Private Spaces: Optimised for teams. Private and invite only, but easily explored by people you Autists conceptualise the world in terms of trusted relationships with unique people.The beauty of collaboration at human scale The Autistic way of developing trust is based on experienced domain-specific competence.... to join.
- Personal Spaces: Optimised for you. Organise any of your conversations in any way you’d like.
Stimpunk combines “stimming” + “punk” to evoke open and proud stimming, resistance to neurotypicalization, and the DIY culture of punk, disabled, and neurodivergent communities. Instead of hiding our stims, we... Space is a private, invite only Space for our What I have always been hoping to accomplish is the creation of community.Community is magic. Community is power. Community is resistance.Disability Visibility: First-Person Stories from the Twenty-First Century https://www.amazon.com/Disability-Visibility-First-Person-Stories-Twenty-First-ebook/dp/B082ZQBL98/ https://www.amazon.com/Disability-Visibility-Adapted-Young-Adults-ebook/dp/B08VFT4R9T/... where we bring safety to the serendipity.
Stimpunks Space has over 20 Rooms.
- There are three types of reading: eye reading, ear reading, and finger reading.The Dyslexia Empowerment Plan: A Blueprint for Renewing Your Child's Confidence and Love of Learning Most schools and...
- The activities that constitute care are crucial for human life. We defined care in this way: Care is "a species activity that includes everything that we do to maintain, continue,... with Cayden
- Irie Smial Preserve
- Business Papers
- The arts are not a way to make a living. They are a very human way of making life more bearable. Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly,...
- Conference to Restore Humanity
- Business & Philanthropy
The main room, “General”, is for everyone in the Stimpunks Space, no matter what project[s] you’re working on.
Use “General” room to share news about your team. Use this room for mission related chat that you’d like every Stimpunk combines “stimming” + “punk” to evoke open and proud stimming, resistance to neurotypicalization, and the DIY culture of punk, disabled, and neurodivergent communities. Instead of hiding our stims, we... to see.
Use the “Watercooler” room for random and off topic chat. Share memes and have fun. Watercooler channels are fixtures of distributed work.
The “Design” room is where we collaborate on design across all Stimpunks projects. All are welcome to join and learn.
The “Systems” room is where we talk IT and offer IT support. Got an IT problem? Drop in the Systems room and we’ll help. Want to learn how all of this technology works together? Hang out in the room as we work.
The “Writing” room is for talk about writing in any modality. This is our busiest room. We use it to collaborate on this website.
The “Gardening” room is for gardening and all things plants.
In the “Coping” room, discuss mental health, physical health, coping, continuous fluid adaption, and living life as Bodymind: A term used to challenge the idea the body and mind are experienced separately (Descartes). Written in various ways, Bodymind or Body-mind, this usage foregrounds the understanding that experiences.... Everything said here stays here. Use content warnings. Respect triggers.
The “Josephmooon” room hosts the Josephmooon team and all Stimpunks who want to join.
The “Caring With Cayden” room hosts the Caring with Cayden team and all Stimpunks who want to join.
The “Irie Smial Preserve” room hosts the Irie Smial Preserve team.
Every room and chat is end-to-end encrypted.
In choosing end-to-end-encryption, we lose some amenities you’ll be used to on other messaging platforms, like preview of links.
New volunteers are onboarded into the Watercooler room and the team room related to their volunteer work. After a trial period, volunteers have access to all rooms except a few that are limited due legal and ethical reasons.
When you first join a Room, existing messages will be encrypted and not visible to you. New messages will decrypt and display as they come in.
We encourage folks to sign up for a matrix.org account and use it for Stimpunks and other communities. Get an account.
For those wanting a more private account, we provide accounts on our own Matrix servers for minors and their families. Log in to Stimpunks Space at stimpunks.element.io if you have a stimpunks.ems.host username. To sign in to the Element app, you need to specify the Stimpunks Matrix host: stimpunks.ems.host.