Neurodivergent? Disabled? Need funding for your art, advocacy, or research? We offer US$3,000 grants to neurodivergent and disabled creators.
Information we need:
- Statement about who you are as a creator
- Statement on how neurodiversity and/or disability manifest in your work. Your work doesn’t have to directly be about neurodiversity or disability.
- Examples of your work
We consider proposals on a quarterly basis. These are for individual (non-institutional) creator grants only.
Unfortunately, we can not provide grants to minors without guardian approval. We are also limited to US residents only.
If you are selected, we will need to verify your identity before sending the funds. This can be done in a quick video where you just hold a photo I.D. up and we verify it is you. If video verification is not an option, you can text or email a selfie holding up your I.D. (this information will only be used for the purpose of verifying your identity). Also, if you have a deadname, we can work with that.
Please use this form to initiate a request for a creator grant.
Our form has four parts:
- First, we ask for contact information.
- Then we ask for your social media. This is optional but helpful in us getting to know each other.
- Then we ask you to describe your work and tell your story however you can.
- Finally, we show you a preview of your submission so you can review and revise before you submit.
Please read the data collection and privacy disclosure below the form before submitting your information.
🔐 About Us and What We Do With Your Information
Chelsea, Inna, and Ryan are at the other end of our contact form. Get to know us on our About page. Alas, we can’t usually move at the speed of emergencies, and sometimes we take a week or two off for self-care. We get lots of spam and sometimes miss your requests in the noise. If you don’t hear from us within a week, feel free to contact us again.
About your information:
- Your information will be entered into our forms software (WPForms and WordPress).
- A subset of that information will go to our CRM software (HubSpot).
- A subset of that will go to our accounting software (QuickBooks Online) if you receive money from us.
- This data retention is solely for legal compliance purposes. We will not sell or give your data to third parties. We will not use your information to market anything to you.
- Your IP address will be used to geolocate your browsing session. Our software does not allow turning off IP address collection.
- If you are concerned with us having your IP address, use a VPN.
- If your IP address is outside the United States, we will ask you to confirm you are in the United States. We’ll take your word for it and never ask you to unmask your IP.
- We collect as little as we can from you and do our best to keep it secure.
- We use 1Password for Business to secure our accounts with long, randomly generated, unique passwords.
- Your information will be reviewed by our directors: Ryan, Inna, and Chelsea.
- Periodically, nonprofit lawyers and consultants will have access to some information in order to audit our processes for ethics and legality.
- We delete your form submission and any documents you attach after determining whether to send you a grant or not. We consider personal information a toxic asset and don’t want to keep more of your data than we have to.
- We will also delete your information from our systems upon request.
- However, if you get a grant from us we do have to retain contact information about who we gave to and the amount given. We retain this contact information for 3 years as required by the Internal Revenue Service.
Nap Director and Self-care Expert
Doan Lotion Potion